Online Casinos go out of their way to create a “real world” gaming experience on your home computer. The best casino software offers incredibly realistic graphics along with fast-paced action and a user-friendly interface. While most online casinos today do their best to ensure that the games are fun and fair, as an online casino newbie, here are a few things you should consider before you spend your money.
1) Read the fine print! Before you even consider playing for real money, you need to know the rules. Some casinos charge a fee for sending your funds, others limit how often you can withdraw funds. “Look before you jump”, find a set of rules you can follow before you make a deposit
2) How does the casino handle customer support? Is there a toll-free number you can call? Do they offer real-time chat mode support? Is support only handled via email? The better casinos will have several easy ways for you to contact them. Here’s a tip; Don’t be afraid to call their toll-free support line and ask some common questions, just to get a better feel for the casino.
3) What do other players say about the Casino? Visit various online gambling forums and see what other people have to say. Leading online casinos do their best to keep their customers happy. Disgruntled players can cause several problems for the casino with just a few mouse clicks. With that said, if you see a rant against a particular casino, try to determine if it was just posted by an unhappy player who lost their money. In other words, go deeper than just looking at a single post; see if others have the same views as this player.
4) Understand how the bonus structure works. Since the competition is fierce, almost every online casino will give you a bonus for signing up with them, this is great, but there is always a tie. First, there is almost always a play through requirement. In other words, if the casino gives you $50, you have to bet the money several times before you can cash it out. In addition, there is often a limit on credit deposits without deductionson games you can play using your “free money”. Games with a smaller house edge (like blackjack for example) are sometimes excluded from games you can play with bonus money. Also, there may be a maximum cash amount when you play with bonus money. So again, it’s up to you to read the fine print and make sure you understand what the limits are when playing with bonus money.
5) The Edge is always with the casino! While we all dream of hitting that huge jackpot and ready to live, the chances of it ever happening are just astronomical. Gambling, whether it’s online or in Vegas, is designed to be a fun way to pass the time – if you win a few bucks, you’ll likely end up with less money than you started with. That’s the simple truth. Gambling for thrills and excitement, not for rent.
David Olsen has been writing about online casinos and casino strategy for over five years and is considered an authority in the world of online gambling. His newest website is all about variety